Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Makes: 12 servings
Time: 75 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350o Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the eggs and mix until combined. Mash the bananas with a fork, and then add to the mixing bowl. Pour in the milk and vanilla, and then mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Pour into the wet mixture slowly with the mixer on low speed. Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Then invert onto a wire rack to cool.