Banana Monkey Bread Muffins
Makes: Six (6) Jumbo Muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 pkg. Pillsbury Grand Flaky Layers Biscuit Dough
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup banana cream pudding mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream or milk
- Make Sweet Cranberry Walnut Crostadas
Pre-Step: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a jumbo muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Unroll tube of biscuit dough. Cut each of the 8 biscuits into 8 pieces.
- Slice bananas.
- Combine melted butter and banana pudding mix. Stir until combined. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Dunk each piece of dough into banana-butter mixture and roll into cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place 4-5 pieces of dough into each muffin cup. Top with three banana slices and mini chocolate chips.
- Then top each muffin cup with additional 7 pieces of dough. Sprinkle with more mini chocolate chips. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins begin to turn brown.
- Make the icing: In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream until smooth.
- Drizzle over muffins and enjoy!
Many thanks to Taylor at Deliciously Sprinkled for this wonderful recipe!