Banana Fudge Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup mashed banana (roughly 3 medium ripe bananas)
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour a 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- First make the cake batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another large bowl, on medium speed beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then beat in the vanilla and banana. On low speed, beat in half of the flour mixture, all of the sour cream, and then the rest of the flour.
- Next make the filling: In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese, chocolate, and egg.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the pan. Top with the filling, making sure it stays in the center of the batter and not touching the edges. Spread the remaining batter on top, covering the filling completely.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- For the glaze: Add the chocolate to a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream in a saucepan until hot but not boiling. Pour over the chocolate and let sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Pour over the cake and let it firm up before serving.
Serves 10 – 12
Many thanks to Carla at Chocolate Moosey for this wonderful recipe!