Banana French Toast
Makes: 4 Servings
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 bananas, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- While the butter melts, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Dip one slice of bread in the egg mixture, coating completely on each side. Transfer the bread to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Transfer cooked bread to a place and repeat with remaining slices.
- Divide french toast between 4 places and top each with one half of a banana and two strawberries, sliced. Drizzle with 2 tbsp maple syrup.