Banana Chip Muddy Buddies
Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Makes: 8 Servings
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/8 inch pieces
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the banana slices on top. Sprinkle with lemon juice and salt. Bake for 2 hours, flipping halfway through. Bananas should be brown and crisp when they are done. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine the banana chips and Chex cereal in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stopping to stir halfway through. If chocolate is not yet melted, microwave for 20 seconds more.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the Chex and banana chips. Stir gently until every piece is coated then transfer to a large Ziploc bag.
- Add the powdered sugar to the bag, close and shake until Chex and banana chips are covered in sugar.
- Pour onto a sheet pan for chocolate to cool before serving.