Banana Cake Pops
Makes: 20 cake pops
Time: 3 hours
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, soften
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, soften
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Yellow Sprinkles
- 20 – 24 lollypop sticks
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix, mashed bananas, milk, vegetable oil and eggs until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 – 28 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- While the cake cools, make the frosting by beating the butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer. Add the powder sugar and vanilla, mix until smooth.
- Crumble the cooled cake into the bowl with the frosting and use a spatula to combine. Scoop out about a tablespoon of the cake mixture and roll it into a ball and press the lollypop sticks into the bottom, then place it on a parchment lined sheet pan. Repeat with remaining cake, then freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent burning.
- Holding the lollypop stick, swirl the cake ball in the chocolate to coat. Top with yellow sprinkles, then transfer to another parchment lined baking sheet to set.
- Once all cake pops are dipped, refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.