Banana Almond Joy Waffles
Makes: 16 waffles
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups waffle or pancake mix
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, use a fork to mash one banana, then add the waffle mix, water and canola oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Fold 1/4 cup coconut and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips in to the batter.
- Heat up a waffle iron and cook the waffles according to manufacturers instructions.
- Slice the remaining banana into 1/2 inch pieces, then top the waffles with whipped cream, bananas, almonds and remaining coconut and chocolate chips.