Angel Food Cake
Makes: 10 – 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
- 12 egg whites
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- ½ cup strawberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg whites, salt and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and whip on medium speed until they hold a soft peak.
- Gradually add half of the sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the cake flour with the remaining sugar and sift the mixture into the egg white bowl. Fold with a spatula to combine.
- Place batter into non-greased tube pan with a removable bottom and bake for 1 hour.
- When the cake is baked, invert onto a wire rack to cool. Once cool use a knife to loosen the sides and the bottom from the pan.
- Once cake is completely cool top with strawberry sauce, fresh berries and sliced bananas.